Gita for Children
The greatest gift a parent can give a child is Bhagawat Gita.
In today’s world, kids have full access to all the technological advances we have made. Of course, there are so many advantages to these, but the flip side is, an increasingly restless and dissatisfied generation, which is leading to many mental health issues and permanent damage to their brains. Today we notice that mental health issues in children are a worldwide problem. This is believed to be a key reason for the increase in child suicides all over the world. We also notice that every other child is suffering from some mental health disorder to some degree.
Most of the children’s problems can be addressed by focusing on the below.
- Proper parenting.
- Avoid conflicts between parents.
- Proper schooling and teacher’s guidance.
- Counselors at school talk to children frequently.
- Schools addressing the problem of bullying.
- Having at least 1 Good friend.
- Sports and Recreation.
- Working on Socializing and Public speaking skills.
- Having the knowledge of the self and knowing the purpose of life.
Both parents and school are doing their best within their limitations and possibilities, which is taking care of 50% of the problems the children face.
The remaining 50% can be addressed only with the introduction of Bhagawat Gita subject to children. Bhagawat Gita can solve all these issues and be a good guide for your children all through their life, even on a day when you leave this world.
The only thing any parent can give their children, something equal to them, in their absence is undoubtedly the Bhagawat Gita. Bhagawat Gita or any Vedic Scripture does not focus on the Name and Form of God. They only focus on What Is Dharma, and What Is Adharma, and the Advantages of Being Dharmic and the Consequences of not being so.
How can the Bhagavad Gita help our children?
A lifetime of learning can be taken from the Gita but few things are as below.
- Gita will be the best friend a child could ever have.
- Children learn the correct way to think, the correct way to talk and the correct way to act.
- Children will develop the power of looking at themselves and assessing their positive and negative traits.
- The children during teenage will have a stigma that everything is good with others and nothing good with them. With Gita, they get rid of this wrong opinion and will feel everything is good with everyone.
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder is seen in the majority of children nowadays and if left unaddressed, this can lead to serious consequences, including suicidal ideations and attempts, increased anxiety and depression, and eating disorders. BDD can cause severe impairment in the overall quality of life, making daily activities difficult. The Children will always look at the mirror and check their skin and body parts. With Gita wisdom, they learn to accept the body as a vehicle, which they got because of their past life karma and will try to keep it fit and healthy to the best extent possible. Michael Jackson was a famous example who had this disorder. Had he knew Bhagawat Gita; he would have thoroughly accepted and enjoyed his original look and feel.
- With Gita, children start to see everything within themselves and themselves in everything. When he sees any other living being, he sees the same soul everywhere and so never hurts anyone. Thereby he develops compassion towards all living beings, and so he will rise above Religion, Caste, Nationality, and all other mean-minded narrow sectarian barriers.
- Unwise and Bad citizenship is the biggest problem in the world because of which most Governments are unable to deliver good to the public. We all know that only good citizens can make good nations, electing good people. After learning Gita, one can differentiate between Dharma and Adharma, making things difficult for the evil to rule or survive.
- Meditation as explained in the Bhagawat Gita Chapter-6 is considered as a type of mind-body complementary medicine. With meditation, the child will learn to focus their attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding their mind and causing stress. Meditation can help children carry things more calmly throughout their day. They will not get agitated when their parents suggest anything for their well-being.
- Gita Will Make the people not only stick To Dharma but also stand by it and fight for it. So, the citizens will become more active.
- Bhagawat Gita – will make Children understand their real self and the purpose for coming to earth.
- The children will learn to keep aside their Weak Areas and move forward with a focus on their Strong Areas.
- The children will learn to make friends with good people even if they are found to be less powerful, and will avoid bad friendships even if they are found to be more powerful. Slowly, with the help of all good friends, firmly ever stuck to dharma, faith in themselves, and faith in God, they will march towards success in the material world.
- Bhagawat Gita Wisdom will never make children feel lonely or depressed in life.
- Once their minds become soul-centered and Dharmic, there shall be peace and harmony everywhere, as they will see the same one soul, distributed equally in everyone.
- The children will learn to do only prescribed karma as they very well know the consequences of doing abandoned karma.
- The children will learn to do good karma without the feeling of mine. They will never take over credit for what they have achieved. They know from Gita, that there are many contributory factors for the accomplishment of any karma.
- He will not suffer or feel depressed upon not getting the desired result, as he will learn to take the dualities such as success and failure, happiness and sorrow equally, and will be unattached with everything, and will perform all actions with duty mindedness, as an order of God, and for the sake of God. By doing so, the result of all such karmas will be credited to God, whether good, bad, or mixed. This way, he will turn down the karmic debt to ashes, and there shall be no accrued karmic result that leads to another birth.
- With the knowledge of Bhagavad Gita, people will stop fighting on the name and form of God and will learn that it is only our karma and dharma that decide our lives, and the blessing or curse can never be a personal discretion of God.
- Bhagawad Geeta gives the answers for all moral struggles people face in their life. This will be helpful for the kids, because while growing up they face many problems in life, and if they have knowledge about the Geeta, it comes as a handy solution to them.
A child will understand that he is a soul and fears no death.
Conclusion and Gist of takeaways for Children.
Children will understand themselves. He will understand the purpose of life. They will be able to handle friendships with their classmates properly. They will come out of the stigma “I am not well – others are well” and will gradually develop the right attitude on life and people around them and will finally feel “I am ok – all are ok”.
In the end, the student can differentiate between dharma and Adharma with which they learn to be righteous and as honest as possible in their life. They can easily identify what is a good deed and what is a bad deed. They will know the result of good deeds and the consequences of bad deeds.
They will also develop the qualities of a stable-minded person. This will enable them to take happiness and sorrow equally. Children will be able to deal with anger issues very easily after learning Gita. Above all, your child with Gita wisdom will become a good citizen and will become an asset both to the family and to the nation. The seed of GITA knowledge will gradually make your child into a good man who will be able to understand his life partner with ease and have a happy married life.
Gita classes for Children.
Very soon, we shall broadcast Gita online classes where we cover Bhagawat Gita that is mandatory for High school and college going students in 108 classes @ 1 class every week. The classes will be in English.
Online classes will commence mostly during October 2021. We request the parents to enroll their children’s names in the below form. We shall revert to you no sooner, the classes are ready for broadcasting.
Who can Enroll?
Children of age over 14 to 21, who are currently studying 9th Standard and above, in English medium schools are eligible for our Gita classes.
What is the fee structure?
The fee is completely waived.
Additional facilities for Donor’s children.
For donors who donate Rs.10000/-or $140 for the construction of Gita University, they and their children will be given additional facilities as below.
- Lifetime access to Fusion music and Hindustani ragas versions of Bhagawat Gita on Android and iOS App.
- .Children can post their questions on the slokas we teach every week and can get a reply.
- Children can recite every sloka in our App and record the same and get video output with backing music and nice effects. The student can share all the videos to his YouTube Channel or on any other social media platform. The student can see his effort in the form of a video, which will motivate the child to continue with Gita learning for the entire 108 classes.
- Students will have a final evaluation followed by certification.
Jai Shri Krishna.